It appears that dataminers have been digging into the files and uncovered information that could indicate what’s in store for Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer.
Datamining a game is always fun, all kinds of information can surface. In the case of Cyberpunk 2077 it’s possible multiplayer details. The information indicates that multiplayer will be P2P and some of the data uncovered includes:
- MP.Heist.SetPlayerCharacterClass (may imply that multiplayer is focused on a more restricted class selection system) MP_PlayerReady
- ++% s joined the heist
- -% s left the heist
- Waiting for players
- Waiting for additional players …% u
- > Match starts in% u <
- Respawn in% u seconds
- > Match ends in% u <
- GAME FINISHED
- Waiting for players …
- > Heist starts in% u <
- Waiting for players to get ready …
- Duplicate characters detected
- Respawning player …
- Waiting for other players to get ready …
- PRESS D-Pad Down / ‘X’ WHEN READY
- use the debug menu to switch your character
- Player is dead
- > Heist ends in% u <
- players in the Gather Area
- Waiting for other players …
- Go to the gather area (seems to imply that players appear in random areas of the map or away from the place where the shot is about to begin, and have to reach it)
The data also indicates there could be a deathmatch mode.
- ++% s joined the match
- >>% s killed% s
- You sent yourself directly to hell! Please don’t come back
- Wow! You killed yourself … Bravo.
- Your bullet was stronger than your self-esteem
- Your shot destroyed your own body and soul. Duh
- You sent% s directly to hell!
- Wow! You killed% s without compassion
- Your bullet was strongerthan% s’s head
- Your shot destroyed% s’s body and soul
- % s sent you directly to hell!
- Wow! % s killed you without compassion
- % s’s bullet was stronger than your head
- % s’s shot destroyed your body and soul
As with all datamining, this information is subject to change. Multiplayer is likely some way off in the future, they need to fix the game first, but it does make for some interesting speculation on what’s to come.
That said, deathmatch is not exactly an exciting prospect and hopefully they will avoid any kind of battle royale mode. I have written about multiplayer here on PureCyberpunk previously where you can find my thoughts on it.