There’s been a lot of discussion about the game’s performance so here are a few Cyberpunk 2077 performance tips that should help.
I’ll admit I have been messing around a lot with the settings in Cyberpunk 2077. Initially my FPS was absolutely terrible and it’s taken experimentation to finally get the game to run well, and look good, on the PC here.
The Sample Specs
First of all, here are my specs…
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X – 12-Core 3.80GHz, 4.6GHz Turbo – 64MB L3 Cache Processor, Pro OC Compatible
- MSI GeForce(R) RTX 2070 Super 8GB
- HD: 500GB (1x500GB) WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD – 3470MB/s Read & 2600MB/s Write
- RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4/3200mhz Dual Channel Memory
- MOTHERBOARD: MSI MAG B550M Bazooka: M-ATX
Make the Performance Tweaks
The objective was to get the game running reasonably in 2K. So here’s what I did to get a decent framerate and make the game not look like it was from the 90s. You can really make the game look terrible if you start cranking everything down. Here’s what to do to save time and effort because there’s a lot of settings that can be overwhelming.
- Go to Graphics options
- Select the Ray Tracing Medium Quick Preset Option
- Tuned off Motion Blur because I hate it in games
- Go to the bottom Resolution Scaling Option
- Set the DLS setting to Performance (Leave Dynamic FidelityFX and Static Dynamic FidelityFXoff).Our
Our Cyberpunk 2077 Performance Tips Results
And that’s it. The game should not only look decent but also I am getting a pretty solid 60 FPS inside Night City. Note if you don’t gave an RTX GPU then utilise the Dynamic FidelityFX CAS settings.
The ab0ve is a really good starting point before tinkering with any other settings such as shadows or volumetric fog. Cascaded Shadows Resolution reduction can also help according to some players but I didn’t notice any real difference in FPS with that reduced while I attempted to squeeze a few more FPS out of the game.
If you can get the game running at around 60 FPS then you can look at increasing that with further tinkering but you will lose some visual quality. Remember, I am tweaking this for 2K.
Now I realise the GPU is not the latest on the market but there are plenty of people who have not got or are not willing to upgrade to the latest on the market. Hopefuly these Cyberpunk 2077 Performance tips will set you on your way to a smoother experience on a more mid-range GPU.
You can add your thoughts on the above or share any ideas/issues in this forum thread,